CloudBerry Backup for macOS & Linux is distributed under a licensing model, on a per-user basis. Each edition of CloudBerry Backup (three in total) offers a free 14-day trial version with complete functionality and a freeware version with the most basic functionality for personal use.
Activating CloudBerry Backup for macOS & Linux
When you launch CloudBerry Backup for the first time, you will be prompted to select one of the following editions:
- Home Edition. This is a free version intended for private use that supports only file-level backup without encryption or compression.
- Free 15-day Trial. You can try any edition of CloudBerry Backup and all of its features for 15 days free of charge.
Enter your email address and click Start Trial.
Enter your email address and then select an edition:
- Personal Edition. Intended for personal use. Unlike the freeware version, Personal Edition supports encryption and compression;
- Server Edition. Designed for servers;
- Ultimate Edition. Our flagship product that has no storage limits and entitles users to priority support.
- Activate Commercial Version. If you've already purchased a license, you may enter the license key and start using the product right away.
You can also optionally configure proxy settings by clicking on Proxy Settings.
You can always switch between various editions back and forth in the Settings menu.
CloudBerry Backup should launch and you can go ahead and add a local or cloud backup destination.
If you don't have an internet connection, you can perform offline activation through CloudBerry Central. Read this article that explains the process in detail.