Microsoft SQL Server Backup
The articles in this section illustrate how to use the Backup Wizard for backing up your Microsoft SQL Server databases with a Windows version of CloudBerry Backup. This wizard enables you to save and re-use the configured backup plans.
Before You Start
Please be informed that you can only back up your SQL Server data using a single product. If you are using native SQL Server backup scripts, maintenance plans, or another product, we strongly recommend that you disable these backup tasks before enabling SQL Server backups with CloudBerry Backup.
Running multiple backups over the same database from different products may result in losing your differential and transaction logs.
This limitation only applies to backing up a single database. You should not encounter any issues if you back up different databases using separate backup plans or backup products.
Running the Backup Wizard
After launching CloudBerry Backup, you can run the Backup Wizard by clicking the MS SQL Server button **on the Home** tab of the application's main toolbar.
Using the Backup Wizard
The Backup Wizard provides the following pages for backing up your SQL Server databases:
- Step 1 - Select the Backup Route
- Step 2 - Select a Backup Destination (for One-Way Backup)
- Step 3 - Select Backup Destinations (for Hybrid Backup)
- Step 4 - Check Network Shares
- Step 5 - Specify the Plan Name
- Step 6 - Select a SQL Server Instance
- Step 7 - Select Databases to Back Up
- Step 8 - Specify the Compression and Encryption Settings
- Step 9 - Specify the Retention Policy
- Step 10 - Schedule Your Backup Plan
- Step 11 - Chain Your Backups and Assign Pre-/Post Actions
- Step 12 - Customize Email Notifications and System Log Settings
- Step 13 - Configure AWS Snowball Import
- Step 14 - Review and Run Your Backup Plan